Fall Ball was a blast

Emma Pederson, Opinions and Social Media Editor

The Friday before last was the long awaited, National Honor Society sponsored, Fall Ball. Students arrive at the Bunker Park Stables in Andover, MN around 7:30 pm and were given a warm welcome by the NHS “sheriffs.” As they walked in, everyone had the option of getting married to their date or friend, and received a very passionate wedding ceremony from NHS President, Owen Casey. After getting married, couples were supposed to hold hands the whole night or else sheriffs would round you up and send you to jail. Outside, people crowded around the fire, trying to keep warm and eating roasted marshmallows, or around the food truck, waiting for burgers and cheese curds. Inside, there was a DJ and plenty of room to dance, and hayrides ran continuously outside.  Students also participated in a costume contest for individual costumes, couples costumes, and groups of 3-5. Cash prizes were given to the winners. The winner of the individual costume contest was Katie Kelbeants in her jelly bean costume. Senior Lily Eusebio and junior Gunnar Flynn won first place in their Up! costumes, and seniors Rachel Smith and Kaz Swope won second place dressed as the Joker and Harley Quinn. The students who won first for the group costume were senior Oscar Leinbach, Phoebe Eisenbeis, junior Tova Breen and Marco Dregni, who were dressed as the characters in Winnie the Pooh. Although it was cold and rainy, the dance was definitely one to remember.